【读书笔记】- how-to-help-superstar-employees-fulfill-their-potential

 https://hbr.org/2023/03/how-to-help-superstar-employees-fulfill-their-potential



“My biggest leadership challenge is determining methods for leading team members,” 


it can sometimes come across as being parental and directive. Although I am highly regarded and respected, I want to make sure that my leadership style continues to be one of encouragement, motivation, and development versus one that turns people off and they therefore do not want to follow me and my vision.”


must learn to recalibrate to a definition of success based on the team’s collective performance


 have a broader vision and a deeper sense of the strategic and competitive landscape. They noted that the technical and functional skills that enabled high potentials to excel may in fact impede their ability to see the “big picture.” 


Paradoxically, while empathy tends to decline as one moves up, that is when it is most needed, especially when one is leading and not doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Docker Container mount to a mysteric folder which I don't know where is it.

读书笔记 - 2023 State of DevOps Report Platform Engineering Edition

[读书笔记] - 3-rhetorical-techniques-to-increase-your-impact